Monday, August 4, 2014

Instead of facebooking my life.

I've decided I want to start blogging again, I'm nervous because I feel like someone might come across  it and actually read it, but I have my doubts.

At the beginning of summer I started finding myself to be incredibly negative and it was because every time I looked at my phone, I would open Facebook. It is a slew of negative comments and people who want their opinions to be known so badly they don't care who is bothered or offended by it. It's fine to share your opinions but when I find myself getting angry at someone that I haven't physically seen in years, it's time to check myself.

Jesse and I changed each others passwords and now we are only allowed to log in when the other person Ok's it. I honestly love it. It keeps me sane.

I found myself ranting twice on facebook since we did this and then I immediately deleted both rants. that might seem lame but the most recent one was shared by someone I have never met...and then he went off on how I didn't know what I was talking about. A stranger did this! Someone I did not even know existed in this world did not agree with me and so he stole my post and told me I don't know what I am talking about. WHAT THE.

I managed to become enraged but then I went to the bathroom, thought it out, and realized it just doesn't matter. So I logged out and told Jesse not to allow me on for at least 5 days (we usually only log in on weekends but sometimes we permit weekday visits and then manage to get annoyed at the same old religion bashing, anti-vaccinating, what have you's).

I can't bring myself to delete it because I mean, let's get real. But I am trying to have some self control in a world that doesn't believe self control needs to exist anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment